Your peace of mind checklist!
To help you choose a childcare centre for your child, you need to be aware of the questions that you should ask when viewing the facility. If the centre can answer Yes to most or all of the following questions then you are well on your way to choosing a quality service. But above all of the questions about the physical environment, you should get that ‘feel’ that the children in the Centre are genuinely loved and cared for..
1. Does the service seem warm and homely?
2. Does the service feel welcoming to you and your child?
3. Does the service have a good track record in delivering quality care?
4. Are they notified to the Health Service Executive?
5. Do they comply with the Pre-School regulations?
6. Is the daily routine flexible & suitable for your child’s individual needs
7. Is there a Parents Handbook available?
8. Is there a Policy and Procedures Manual available?
9. Are the correct staff to child ratios being followed?
10. Is there a menu displayed and does it provide nutritional and varied meals?
11. Is the service fully insured and is there evidence of same?
12. Is there an opportunity for outdoor play?
13. Does the outdoor play area seem adequate for the size of the Centre?
14. Is the service clean, bright and airy?
15. Is there a good selection of suitable equipment and toys?
16. Is there a facility for your child to take a rest?
17. Are there suitable toilets for small children?
18. Is Fire Protection evident in the facility?
19. Is there an intercom entry system?
20. Does the centre seem to provide good value for money?
21. Do you feel that your child will be loved and properly cared for in this centre?
©2005 Oasis Childcare Centre. All Rights Reserved
Oasis Childcare Centre - Quality Check List
EAST MEATH’S LEADING CHILDCARE PROVIDER
EAST MEATHS LEADING CHILDCARE PROVIDER